Wild women and the weak willed.

Go down

Wild women and the weak willed.

Post  theRizzler on Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:23 pm

I thought I'd share a story of my night last friday (yesterday). Unfortunately it's less sexy than the title leads you to believe.

A friend of mine, in fact my oldest friend, has been staying with me for the past week or so. His girlfriend left him, and he had to move out. He's been pretty down about it, so I've been lending him a shoulder to cry on, a bed to sleep in, food to eat, and beer to drink for the past week. Last night was the point where he hit rock bottom. He was incredibly emotional all day, and kept trying to call his ex (who wanted nothing to do with him).

I'll skip all that boring shit and get to the action. He wakes me up by busting into my bedroom and running for my guns. One gun in particular, the one that he knows is the only one I keep loaded. He worked the action, chambered a bullet, and was positioning the barrel under his chin. By this time, I had somehow managed to wake up and tackle him in the split second it took for him to do this, and we proceeded to struggle for control of a Winchester 30-30 lever action rifle loaded with a 7.62 hollow point that was just waiting for the impact of a firing pin.

While fighting for control of the rifle, he must have realized that his plan was failing, and failing quickly, as he soon started to try to point the business end of this piece of machinery towards my chest. Luckily I was able to over power him (or maybe he just gave up), and eject the cartridge while throwing the rifle across the room. He layed sobbing for a while, and I tried to console him while trying to process what had just happened, all the while searching the wrecked remains of the warzone that used to be my bedroom for my cell phone. Little did I know at the time that he had called his ex before busting in and grabbing the firearm and thrown the phone on the ground with the line open, with the intention of letting her hear a bullet go through his head at 2400 feet per second.

I finally got in contact with my cousin (Stephen, aka Lycan) for some assistance, and when he realized that I was trying to get someone to come over to help him, he went nuts. I tried to convince him that he needed help, and he was not in his right state of mind. However, with him not being in the right state of mind, this did not matter much. He proceeded to start punching me in the face. Repeatedly. This being my oldest, and one of my very best friends, I did not fight him. I did not punch him back. I simply restrained him. When I thought he had calmed down, I released him. Upon his release, he let out another volley of punches to my face.

At this point, I had taken a good dozen or so shots to the face. Still, I didn't lay a hand on him. The man was ill. I did everything in my power to convince him that I was trying to help him, and that I cared about him, and did not want to see him harmed. He was intent on leaving (did I mention he had drank about 12 beers) and walking to his (ex) girlfriend's house. Again, I tried to convince him to stay, as her grandfather (who she was staying with) would shoot him on sight in the state he was in. And yet again, my attempts to help my friend, whom I truly loved, were met with a volley of punches to the face. I still did not lay a hand on him. I couldn't. I've known him since he was born. He was there for me when my father passed away. I was there for him when his mother and brother passed. All of these things I thought about, while trying my best to dodge punches and not fight back.

Finally, after breaking some furniture, my nose, and my door, he left. I called his father (who is my mother's boyfriend) to tell him what happened before I called 911 (the American emergency dispatch) to have him picked up before he could hurt himself or someone else. Luckily, he was picked up within minutes of the call. I talked to the police, and all they were interested in was me filing assault charges on him. On my oldest friend, who was nowhere near sane at this point. I did not want any charges against him, I just wanted to get him some help. He needed serious psychiatric attention. Instead of that, however they released him at his father's house. The same house that I had just helped him move his belongings to after the breakup with his ex, including items such as his .22 rifle. After hearing this, I immediately phoned his father to warn him about the rifle. Hopefully he has taken it and hidden it from his son. My mother lives there, and it had me worried to death knowing he would be there with a firearm in that state of mind.

I talked to his father today, he said that he seems to be doing better. But actions like that don't just flick on and off like a light switch. I am worried that he will not get the help that he needs, and will cause serious harm to himself. And that's basically where I stand right now.

I love the man like a brother, but I cannot forgive what he has done. Not after all the things I have done to help him. I saved his life, and tried to help him. And for my troubles, I almost got shot, and got a good thrashing. I'm just honestly sick with concern, worry, and frustration. I'm not sure what good posting this here does, but I suppose it just helps to get it out of my head.

By the way, here's a picture I took earlier. Keep in mind, I took upwards of 15-20 punches to the face. My head must be made of iron, because this is all that happened to me:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

If you read all of that, you're a trooper. Either way, here's a warning: Co-dependence in a relationship can be a dangerous thing.

REK Guru
theRizzler

Back to top Go down

Re: Wild women and the weak willed.

Post  GrayfoX on Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:39 pm

Well done Rizz, theres nothing more i can say.
GrayfoX

Back to top Go down

Post  Madmax on Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:11 pm

wow man u are a good friend!

Madmax

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragan on Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:22 pm

All that because of a woman. Hope your friend after he gets back on track, will realise how stupid that was and learn something from it. Till then watch yourself man.
Dragan
THE||Morpheus||REK

Back to top Go down

Post  DraKulh on Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:39 pm

Damn Rizz,
Looks and sounds like a rough night. I know that your friend is definately not in the right state of mind, I know there is such thing as a court ordered paper where they can take your friend to a psyciatric hospital, but I think it would have to be his family that gets it signed, all they would have to do is convince them that he is a danger to himself and they would be able to pick him up, by force if neccessary. I'm sure glad you are alright, I know it's tough to understand why a good friend can do such a thing, but I am certain like you said hes not thinking clearly at all. Hope all goes well for you from here on out.
DraKulh

Back to top Go down

Post  theRizzler on Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:07 pm

Yeah Draks, I'm hoping that's what is going to happen with his dad. He needs the help bad.

Dragan wrote:All that because of a woman. Hope your friend after he gets back on track, will realise how stupid that was and learn something from it. Till then watch yourself man.

That's what I keep thinking man. All that shit because of a woman. I can't grasp it.

But yeah, I'm not worried about my safety in this.. I did nothing to him that night because of the shock of the whole event, and because luckily it was just me and him at my house. If he decided to put my family in harm's way, that's another story entirely. And I'm over our friendship now, so if he decides he wants to try to take another swing at me, he's in for a serious beating.

Don't get me wrong, I wish him no harm and I really hope he gets the help he needs. But after all I've done for the guy, and that's the thanks I get for it, I am done with him.

REK Guru
theRizzler

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down