Why is there no prone in BC2?

Go down

Why is there no prone in BC2?

Post  Dragan on Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:57 pm

The removal of the ability to go prone has upset some fans and it is understandable, in a game where it is so easy to get killed and so difficult to really get safe it seems like madness to not include this simple life saving mechanic. However, there is clear method to this decision, forcing players to move to stay alive, rather than letting them simply hunker down, makes for a much more dynamic game. If you move to cover and the enemy saw you move to cover then first they kill the cover, then they kill you, so you have to be constantly on the move.

There are still campers with sniper rifles and the lack of a prone function hasn’t done anything to shift them as some thought it might do, but then in any game which includes sniper rifles you’ll find people wanting to stand as far back as possible from the action to use them. What the lack of a prone position does do is make use of sniper rifles harder against the better players. In the older Battlefield games on the PC players would lie prone to shoot from cover and such players could be picked off as sitting ducks by well placed snipers. A moving target is harder to hit than stationary one, even if he is lying down.

So move to kill and move to survive. A typical COD player cannot and will not handle that. This text sums it up completely on what BC2 is and why there has to be a prone in older Battlefield games.
Dragan
THE||Morpheus||REK

Back to top Go down

Re: Why is there no prone in BC2?

Post  *Missis* on Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:06 pm

I think you have my comments about prone all wrong Dragan, I understand why BC2 doesn't have prone and i do like the fact you have to constantly move to stay alive, and that you don't have to go round corners wondering if someone is lying in the corner ready to shoot you. You always have to be on your guard and be ready to fire.
But on some maps prone would be really useful especially for people who snipe. Wouldn't it be nice if prone was only available for certain classes, or even just for the recon class only.
*Missis*

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragan on Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:35 pm

Snipers are good as they are. If they had prone i'd play tetris. The only map where prone would come handy is Heavy Metal where you would benefit from and increased accuracy of your gun while proning. Still tho it would make that map even more campy than it already is.
Dragan
THE||Morpheus||REK

Back to top Go down

Post  sirlean on Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:18 am

Indeed, but if prone exists you would still get the situation where you turn the corner and boom, someone there waiting for you in a prone position just like in FISH games (COD)!!

They will have made BF3 more FISH like to get their customers.

imagine all the destruction with 64 playres on the server. You recon the game will handle that. Lag galore!

sirlean

Back to top Go down

Post  theRizzler on Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:58 am

I honestly miss prone, and I hate camping. I'm just glad there are no claymores like in BF2. That's probably the most overpowered weapon EVER.

REK Guru
theRizzler

Back to top Go down

Post  sirlean on Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:05 am

Yuo reckon there is nothin like it in BC2?

I think its just a case of people not over using it. BF2 people used it in abundance. Took out squads!!

sirlean

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragan on Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:43 am

If there was something like that in bc2, people would overuse it. Its that simple. Why not using it if you can. Claymores were broken in BF2
Dragan
THE||Morpheus||REK

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum